Monday 8 August 2011

First Post

Hello all.

I hope this is the beginning of what will become a long and enriching journey for anyone who chooses to join me and embark upon it. All too often these days, I hear people complaining about all the misery and hardship they see and read about on the news. I like to think of myself as an optimist, but I'd be blind not to acknowledge the validity of these complaints.

However, when I watch the news, I'm not overcome by a sensation of fear or sadness. Rather, I feel curious about the causes of events, even frustrated about my powerlessness to do anything about them.

I reach out to anyone who feels the same way. Simply put, by discussing the world around us, we can expand our understanding of it and perhaps even find solutions to its problems. Is this naive of me? Maybe, but I am still confident that among our small steps we'll find a giant leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment